1.03.2012

I do believe the world is going to end in 2012

The sure sign of the pugacalypse

http://fat-bike.com/2012/01/new-contest-pimp-my-pugs/

I'm tempted to send in a picture of my beach cruiser. 
"hoopty" fat bike???  Or would that be a Mukluk that doesn't have red grips and chain?


Who has a "hoopty" of a fat bike anyways?  In the spirit of the original show the winner should be that dude you see riding down the sidewalk on a walmart bike who has to get to work in a blizzard (except, what he really needs is a cx bike with studs).



In all seriousness, it's a good idea and solid marketing...  maybe you want to enter?  I'm sure you'll get some cool parts!

On a related note-  my time with the 9 zero 7 is rapidly approaching.  Really looking forward to putting a few miles on it and riding it in Triple D.  Thank you Trevor for letting me borrow it! 

On a more distantly related note-  don't get all pissed at me for picking on fat bikes.  I'm all for anyone and everyone riding their bikes.  I'm also all for fat bikes.  I just can't help but notice the proliferation or expansion of hipster like culture within the ranks of the fat bikers (this certainly doesn't apply to everyone who has one either) and it's hilarious because so many of the owners are the same people who have recently picked on other cycling trends...  particularly the ones they now seem to be emulating.  I certainly hope to own one myself sometime soon!  I'd even take a real "hoopty" one.  I just don't have the funds to keep up all my other bikes, travel to races, etc., and buy one just yet.  It also seems that each time I do have the funding some other bike or sports equipment item becomes a higher priority (road bike, new 29er, fast road/gravel wheels, cyclocross bike, skate skis...  the list is likely to go on if we don't get a ton of snow and fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment