3.24.2014

my ultimate trek 720 multitrack

I still love this thing!



A lot has changed since I first built this bike and some of those changes have meant that the parts are "trickling down" off of my 'race' bikes are a bit ridiculous.  However, a lot of them are too worn cosmetically to sell for a fair price and others may as well get used rather than just sitting around the garage until they perennially get the nod for the gravel conspiracy.

Anyways, here goes-

1999 58cm trek 720 with a 1" winwood/nashbar carbon disc fork 

dt240/zipp 404 wheelset-  built by a famous wheel builder in CO, possibly finished tour divide multiple times in the early years of the event.  Ridden by me over 5k miles after repairing a spoke that pulled through.  

Shimano 10 speed drivetrain with 105 shifters, ultegra rear derailleur, slx front derailleur, 32/44 sram noir carbon crankset.

Random nice cockpit parts.

Might be the bike I'd keep if I could just have one and I originally purchased it for $30.





No comments:

Post a Comment