Blatant plug for what I've been up to with the carbon repair-
The Diavolo I raced Saturday is one of two that I found and repaired for gravel and cyclocross use. This one is the "1" bike with the repaired top tube. The other has a repaired stay and is set up as a cyclocross bike currently.
I also rode repaired rims. They are circa 2010 Zipp 303 rims built by Ben Witt at Milltown using Sapim spokes laced to a Zipp front hub and a Reynolds rear hub (I got a good deal on the DT Swiss made Reynolds hub and sold the Zipp hub off prior to having the wheels built). Both the front and rear rim were significantly repaired- the front had a spoke pulled out of it and carbon cracking around that spoke hole, the rear had a crack along the braking surface.
The rest of the build as ridden yesterday and will continue through the Royal-
ritchey wcs cockpit plus carbon/ti devo saddle
trp euro x brakes with bontrager cork pads
7800 DA drivetrain with Sram Force 39/53 crankset and an 11-34 XT cassette
aerolite aero bars
Challenge Grifo tubulars at 38 psi
Shot of the bike again (I'll get the rest of those stickers removed when I find time, unless Zipp sends me a check in the meantime...)
They posted some more pictures of the race here-
Here are a couple I stole-
More Rain equals More Down in the Dumps. - Arrowhead course still looking good with 18-24" of snow cover. Well this map is from yesterday. I'm guessing it will look very different next week Thursd...
2 days ago